Topics Overview: Design, Financings, State of the Market, Amenity trends, Tech adoption, Public sector response (what is working, what would you like to see more of).
7:30am – 5:00pm – REGISTRATION & BADGE Pickup
8:00am – 9:00am : Breakfast & Networking
General Session – 9:00am – 9:40am
Topic: What Now? The outlook for the National multifamily market.
- What parts of the country are more appealing, how are costs affected?
- How is unemployment affecting vacancies?
- Are you moving forward with projects under construction?
- Breaking ground? Is anything trading?
- Construction delay? Projects stalled?
Daryl J. Carter, CEO – Avanath Capital Mgmt, Swapnil Agarwal – Managing Principal, Nitya Capital
General Session – 9:40am – 10:20am
Topic: Opportunity Zone Updates (Opportunity Zone Panel 1)
- What’s the YTD Opportunity Zones.
- What’s the outlook going into 2021?
- Why hasn’t there been more activity as anticipated?
- Are the right communities benefitting from the program?
- What should the public sector be doing different?
Bo Kemp, Senior Director – Faegre, Denise Leggett, Reg. Adm- Reg IV – HUD, Martin Muoto – Managing Principal, SoLa Impact Fund
10:30am – 11:00am – Break
General Session: 11:00am – 11:40am
Topic: Design trends in Multifamily
- How is Covid-19 impacting what’s being built,
- How are multifamily owners adjusting to a covid 19 world reality?
- With the increase in WFH, how are MF owners adjusting their design space and amenities?
- What are optimal design layouts for WFM residents?
- What are the biggest concerns from residents?
- how are multifamily owners rethinking design of existing space, what solutions are being implemented?
- What are the most in demand amenities in the multifamily space?
- How is Covid 19 impacting how multifamily owners approach design?
- How is co-living impacted the traditional multifamily space?
General Session – 1:00pm – 1:40pm
Topic: Innovation in Multifamily (Tech Panel 1)
- Has Covid accelerated the adoption of tech by Multifamily players?
- What’s are some of the tools and gadgets that the sector is adopting to keep residents safes.
Paul Worcester, CEO & Co-founder – Simplifyy,
General Session – 1:40pm – 2:20pm
Topic: Capital Markets
- How are Deal terms affected by the pandemic, how are lenders underwriting deals in COVID-19 world?
- What type of deals are out of favor? Which are in vogue? How are loan covenants different?
- Is there a strong demand for distressed assets? Are buyers and sellers on the same page when it comes to price?
General Session – 2:50pm – 3:30pm
Topic: What now? Operational Challenges in a Covid 19 environment.
- As moratoriums in evictions are lifted, with rent relief still not in sights and unemployment benefits ending for some.
- As vacancies increase, what are landlords and operators doing to cope? Covid and rents
Joseph Bramante, CEO & Co-Founder – TriArc Real Estate Partners, Ivan Christman, President – Quest Management Group, More Speakers TBA.
General Session: 3:40pm – 4:10pm
Topic: Opportunity Zone Panel 2
Jill Homan, President – Javelin 19 Investments, Peter Ciganik, Managing Director – GTIS Partners, More Speakers TBA.
General Session – 4:10pm – 5:00pm
Topic: Multifamily in Tech Panel 2 – Rent Tech
5:15pm – 7:00pm – Opening Reception by the pool.